Sunday, July 24, 2011

Midsummer in Greystones





Morning yawns through my window,
curtains dance to the swish of the sea.
A lemon field sleeps under the mountains
plum purple with perfumed heather.

Hedgerows pink with blackberry blossoms
toppled with milky trumpets of bindweed.
Pine cones scatter my walk to the beach
the air fused with damp seaweed.

Church bells chime down the hillside,
The village stirs under a honeysuckle sky.
Life peeps from geranium doorways
as the blush of a new day blooms.


4 comments:

  1. AnonymousJuly 25, 2011

    Did you wake in heaven? Because it sounds so good I'd really like to wake up there !

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rach,
    Thanks my friend. I live with the sea behind the house and the mountains in front of it. The field of yellow is planted with rape seed, beautiful colour, a wow and is visable from Sarah's room. I am lucky to live here, close to Dublin but far enough to be away from it too. Hugs Maire x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A real breath of fresh air. Gorgeous and sumptuous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eamon, thank you so much, I am really enjoying the beauty of nature in full summer. I adapted this one for the Waiting challenge. Máire

    ReplyDelete