Thursday, August 11, 2011

Dromineer weekend writing 6 August, second day write

After our morning warm up by the water, I gave a workshop on haiku and senryu and we all moved away to write after it. These are my writes.

august morning
house martins dip and dive
brushing my hair

legs dangle freely
by the waterside
ants cross my page

hum of an engine
flash of tinfoil
bodies board a barge

stillness broken
with a party on board
all barged in

light breeze
furrows the harbour
smolt weave through algae

august waterside
tangled algae circles
a rippling sun

the barge party
chug past waving
apple tart and cream

writing with amy
sharing of haiku
the sun in her eyes

grasping the concept
her eyes light up
a haiku moment

sudden raindrops
pelt my page
my life story

raindrops
wash away the moments
smiling eyes meet

workshop over
rain-drenched paper
loving life

one by one
haiku readings
clapping wings the waves

No comments:

Post a Comment