Sunday, January 1, 2012

Alpine Adventure - A Watercolour painting

A striking scene
of distant sunlight
dances snow meadows,
forming a foreground
in liquid verdant tones.
Mountains shrouded in mist
wash eerily down the hillside.
A mix of browns
dropped into greens
bleed with blues.

Wet in wet,
colours spread,
pooling, splaying, absorbing as one.
My brush strokes
diffuse paint,
unpredictably exciting
as textures flow.
Inhibitions cast aside,
the courage to create
oozes from within,
my heart ignites,
light and shade play.

I enter my painting,
crunch through the snow,
watch a flock of bleating sheep
trudge a path to the farmstead,
feeding time.
I follow a frozen stream
snaking silver down the hillside.
From snow covered cottages
the smell of log fires
fumes a frigid sky.
Snow weighs heavy on branches
of overlapping pine forests
enveloping mountains and valleys.

Sharply defined shadows
of clear transparent hues,
a purity of pigment,
the glaze of colour on colour
brings my scene together.
I bask under white snow peaks,
the translucence of the unpainted
glows amid muted tones.
Luminosity catches my breath
of images placed upon this paper.
They seize the eye,
forever holding
the readers gaze.


No comments:

Post a Comment